As promised earlier, here is the syllabus for my course Lying About the Past, the second iteration of the course. This year, of course, there will be no historical hoaxes having anything to do with pirates, that one having already been done. The prior version of the course continues to generate comment, a fact (not a hoax) that indicates to me that the course continues to be worth teaching. As of this writing, the class is fully enrolled and larger than it was in 2008, so it’s likely that the students will produce two hoaxes instead of one. So, consider yourself warned–twice.
- Update: Diigo in Education group (weekly) | ChalkTech on Getting History in Tune
- June Chatfield Fitzpatrick on Remembering Sergeant Philler
- Come back | historyonthego on Historians and Books
- Lying to Wikipedia | Patrick C. Fleming on Lying About the Past — The Syllabus
- Mareike König on Historians and Books